Thursday, May 14, 2009

Sunshine and I'm happy!

Well, I just posted a WHOLE BUNCH of things on here and lost it all -- so, now being discouraged, I will try to recreate it....

GROCERY STORE ADS -- yesterday, the grocery store ads came in the mail. I am not posting any particular ad today because they were just so-so in price (for the kinds of things I am looking for), but make sure to take a peek at the ads because your family will eat differently than what mine will and perhaps you will find one of those "steals of a deal" in your ads.

WEBSITE OF THE DAY -- I discovered a wonderful little website the other day and I wanted to share it with you. It is called My Square Foot Garden and the woman who writes this blog is wonderful -- she writes in gardening terms that I can even understand! It is a perfect "how to" for the beginning gardener. If you read her blog and take time to explore her past posts as well (with how to pictures, which always helps me), you can see step-by-step how to plant a garden from seed to harvest. Go to http://www.mysquarefootgarden.net/ ENJOY!

YARD AND GARDEN TIP -- I just learned a tip from http://www.simplylivingsmart.com/ . Do you have grass growing between the cracks in your sidewalk? Take one cup of salt and 1 gallon of water and boil it. When it comes to a boil, take it outside and pour it on the grass in the cracks and supposedly it shrivels it up and it dies! I haven't tried it yet, but plan to this weekend! BE CAREFUL, though -- don't get it on any grass that you WANT to live.

BULK ORDER -- We are in the last few days of a bulk order for the firestarter as well as for a porta potty and the chemicals and biodegradable bags to dispose of your waste in an emergency. If you want more information, please contact me at susan_wheatley@comcast.net and I would be happy to forward it to you. Or, call me at 801-368-9865 and I'll tell you about it. I need the order for the porta potty items by tomorrow, May 15th and for the firestarter by this Sunday. If you order the firestarter you will be in a drawing for a FREE VOLCANO STOVE.

TALK OF THE WEEK -- One of my friends sent to me a talk given by President Ezra Taft Benson in November of 1980. INCREDIBLE! It is a must read! I am having troubles with the link, but if you go to http://www.lds.org/ and then type in "Prepare for the Days of Tribulation". VERY insightful talk and it actually is quite motivating to get prepared and get your food storage and other emergency items in place NOW! Great prophecy for what is actually happening now! Be sure to check it out. If you have trouble finding it, let me know and I will forward the talk to you via e-mail.

So, let me know what you think of any of the above items -- be sure to post on this website -- press COMMENTS at the end of this post and speak your mind! I would love to be sure that people are actually reading this blog!

More good stuff another day.... I hope you get to go out and enjoy the sun today! It's BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment