Saturday, March 6, 2010

Gardening anyone and Great Sale...

First of all, there is a great sale going on at Emergency Essentials and I would be happy to put the order together if anyone is interested. It is for:

1. Freeze Dried Green Beans ($10.00 + tax) if we order at least 12 cans. The regular price is $15.50 + tax. This is a great price and I am going to take advantage of it on my end. Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables are to me the icing on the cake of food storage. I don't want to be caught without fruits and vegetables in case of an emergency and freeze-dried is the way to go -- dehydrated just don't cut it in my opinion.

If you are interested, drop me a line at susan_wheatley@comcast.net or call me. I need to have the order closed by March 19th, so look at your budgets and see if you want to join us in this great deal.

2. They also have large backpacks (17" x 12.5" x 6.5") (red) for only $7.00 + tax (however, we have to order at least 12 to receive the discount). These would be great for your 72 hour kits. I already have all of mine, so I need at least 12 orders in order to send this one in.

3. One more item that they have is Freeze-Dried Mango Chunks for $16.00 + tax (normal price is $21.95 + tax) and we have to order at least six cans to get the price cut.

GARDENING:
I am in garden heaven -- I found a website that is absolutely a lifesaver and godsend for me. I am still learning in the gardening arena (as in all the areas of my life, but in gardening I am a real novice)... anyway, this website will take you step by step from when to plant your seeds inside, how to do it, when to plant outside, and every step of the way in between and beyond. It is great because it is set up by geographic area so you know what you need to do and when in YOUR area. We are the GREEN area, btw.

For example, it says that by now, we should be planting seeds inside for chives, rosemary, broccoli, cabbage, califlower, collard greens, kale and parsley and next week we can even plant peas outside. We aren't very far behind yet, so if you are wanting a small garden this year (or a big one) this website can be a super help to you. Here is the website: mysquarefootgarden.net
and you can even request a weekly update on what you should be doing next.

Along those same lines, two items at Sam's Club this past week -

1. "Composter" made of very strong plastic that would be really nice if you want to start composting. Lots nicer han just a big wood or something unslightly like that. It costs I think $35 or something like that. Here is a picture of it: http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=371869

2. Sam's Club also has "garden boxes" that are quite large actually (raised bed garden boxes) that are made from a strong material that will not weather (which is a lot nicer than my wood boxes that will look ugly soon0. They are 80" long and 8" deep and i can't remember the dimensions back but you can tell that they are trying to use the concept of square foot gardens so you can reach across them. I was very impressed with them. They are $39 each. I LOVE THEM!

That's it for now -- also, Macey's is giving you vouchers to use toward their upcoming case lot sale by doing your regular shopping there. COOL! I shop there anyway!

Take care and don't forget about the hamburger and chicken sales this weekend!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment