Wednesday, August 12, 2009

THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN UTAH COUNTY!

Did I get your attention? Well, yesterday I found the best kept secret in Utah County -- THE SPRINGVILLE CANNERY! Yes, that's right -- SPRINGVILLE! I have always gone to the Lindon Cannery, but this cannery in Springville is only an exit away from my house, so I decided to try it.

Here are the advantages:

1. First of all, it is closer than the Lindon cannery.
2. I WAS THE ONLY ONE THERE!!!!!!
3. There is no limit as to how much I could can in one session. I canned about 30 cases of product and the missionaries there were so happy I was there!
4. Brand new facility -- just opened in January of this year!

So, here's the deal -- they said that when they had their cannery in Spanish Fork that it was packed with people everyday and they had to limit it to six cases of product and no more than two hours each. I CANNED over 30 CASES YESTERDAY! There is no limit at the Springville cannery.

I don't know why people aren't coming to the Springville cannery, but between the fact that the prices have dropped so drastically at the cannery and the fact that you can walk in and not be limited as to how much you can can, I have only one piece of advice...

GO TO THE CANNERY!

I plan on going again either Thursday (tomorrow) or next Monday. If anyone wants to join me, I'd love the company! I don't have tons more to can, but I can help you!

We have been given a wonderful gift -- others would love to have this opportunity. Springville is my cannery from now on for dry pack foods (they don't do wet pack, so I'll still be going to Lindon for that).

Also, go to this link for Anitra's newsletter this week. I LOVE ANITRA -- she has helped me so much in my organization of and passion for food storage and preparedness. Check her out...

Also, a reminder to those in my ward -- tonight and tomorrow are the nights to go to Jacquie Wood's house to pick out the watch faces for the watches that you will be making at Super Friday on September 18th....
Have a great day -- I already am! Keep smiling!
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment