Monday, June 22, 2009

I LOVE THE CANNERY! Prices have gone DOWN!

I received an e-mail from Andrea Urban and I absolutely loved how she worded her post:

"I believe that our Heavenly Father really wants us to have a storehouse in our homes, so when troubled times come, we can still feed our families. I also believe in the Tender Mercies of the Lord (Elder Bednar gave a fantastic talk on this subject http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0.5232.23-1-520-33.00.html ). He loves us and wants us to be happy and successful. He gives us opportunities to obey counsel and these lower prices will certainly help us get some food put away."

I truly believe what Andrea says is true. How many times has our Heavenly Father pulled out "yet another" blessing for us -- I mean, for heaven sakes (no pun intended), food prices going DOWN? Unheard of! Except at the Cannery!

I tried to attach the spreadsheet that Andrea put in her e-mail that shows a comparison of what the prices are now and the prices in red are how much they have gone down, however I am still blog-illiterate and couldn't get it to line up correctly. I will put it in the e-mail that I send to everyone that tells you that I have a new post on her.

How many of us will actually take advantage of this wonderful blessing? I think we need to get to the cannery more often. I will pass around a sign-up sheet on Sunday for anyone who might want to go with someone else to the cannery. Or, you can post here and I can get a group together. It goes so much faster that way -- a very fulfilling cannery session -- I love going to the cannery.

Plan to go more often -- while the prices are still low, go as often as you can!

Humanitarian Project:
Last few weeks of our current humanitarian project and I found a sale on bath towels. K-Mart has bath towels on sale for $2.49 each. They are the "Essential Home Manor Bath Towel". Remember your blessings and buy some towels to bless the lives of the Women and Children in Crisis. They are also in need of toiletries (shampoo, toilet paper, paper towels, deodorant, etc.). Remember to take them to Vena Lee Cannon or bring them to church on Sunday. The last day to contribute to this project is July 10th at the Relief Society Summer BBQ.

2 comments:

  1. Sue you are amazing! Thanks for the update. Oh and I love your picture, where did you say you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanksgiving Point tulip festival

    ReplyDelete