Friday, April 9, 2010

How does your garden grow?

I don't know about you, but springtime seems like it is playing games with us. In some ways, I can't wait for it to get here, but in other ways, I know that as soon as nice weather comes along, the inside of my house will be neglected while I care for my garden outside.

Gardening can be such a wonderful experience -- it is peaceful (once it is in ;) and joyous for me to garden. I feel closer to our Heavenly Father and I feel like I am taking better care of my family. However, getting those little seeds started just about pushes me over the edge - I never seem to make the time to get them in. Once in, though, what a feeling!

Anyway, I wanted to share with you today a website that I have discovered that can help the novice gardener (like me) as well as someone who has gardened for quite awhile. It is called www.mysquarefootgarden.net and I encourage you to check out her website.

The part of her website that I enjoy the most is that you can sign up (for free) and she will send you week by week (depending on what area of the country you live in) what you should be doing at that time (for example, plant seeds for tomatoes, or transplant your onions, or prepare your garden boxes, etc). It has saved me in helping me to know when to do what.

She also sells an e-bundle of her gardening know-how that gives all the information in ONE PLACE! GENIUS!

Emily (the website owner) is also part of my favorite suite of websites -- remember Crystal from www.everydayfoodstorage.net ? She came to our Homemaking last September and taught us how to use our food storage. Well, Emily is another one of that suite of websites. These young ladies really have it on the ball and I encourage you to go to their websites and check them out. There are also some other websites in their suite and there are links on the website to them as well.

So, what's stopping you? You know you just need that extra little boost to get that garden in this year -- DO IT! BTW, if you have any questions, feel free to call or email me (susan_wheatley@comcast.net) . I am still a novice (this is my third year), but know enough to help a beginner :)

Have a great spring day -- ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment