Monday, December 21, 2009

Thank you and Cannery Prices Going Up and Down

First of all, I wanted to thank everyone who came to our annual Christmas Cookie Party. I had a lot of fun and hope that everyone else did too. I wanted to thank those of you who brought food for the Food Bank as well. That big box that you put your canned goods into is filled to the brim and a bit overflowing, so I am excited to take it to the Food Bank later this afternoon as a donation from our neighborhood and friends. THANK YOU! Let's do it again next year, but this time, let's double the amount of food -- what a fun tradition that I hope to continue, thanks to all of you!

Secondly, I got word that the cannery prices will be changing as of the middle of January (16th). Some of the prices will go up and others will go down. Be especially aware that the price of powdered milk goes up substantially, so if you have been procrastinating stocking up on milk, now would be the time. You can view all the price changes right here: http://www.utahpreppers.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Home-Storage-Center-Price-Comparison-Current-vs-Effective-Jan-16-2010.pdf

If anyone is interested in putting up some food at the cannery, I would be happy to go with you. Just give me a call or a shout out on this blog and I will coordinate a time that works for both of us. I would love to help! Seriously! This is my passion -- to help everyone become better prepared, as the Lord has told us to be.

Just so you can think ahead a bit, there are a couple of bulk orders that I will start putting together in January -- one is for a first aid kit that we can buy in pieces -- about $6.00 or so a month (or you can buy the entire thing at one time, but we get the bulk rate when we get a BIG group of people buying together). We will then each month buy the next segment of the kit until, when we are finished, we will have a BEAUTIFUL first aid kit.

The second bulk order that I am going to put together will be for "Rachel's Rice". If any of you were at the Relief Society Christmas dinner, you might remember the rice we served. I had several of you ask for the recipe. I could only purchase it via mail (Sam's Club used to carry it, but they don't anymore) and it is pricey, but in my thoughts, well worth the price. It is a sort of rice pilaf and a nice thing to have around when you want to spoil yourself. I will work with the company and see what price I can get for it. My guess is that the more we order, the less expensive the rice will be. We'll see and let you know.

I am also looking into bulk orders in the future on plastic storage containers (for spices, for pastas, flour, sugar, beans, grains and many other items) as well as a fresh spice order. Let me know on this blog which, if any of these orders, you would be interested in so that I can decide which one to start with. OR, if you have any other items that you would be interested in, jot that down as well.

Well, we are just a few days away from Christmas and so I just wanted to wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS. I want to carry this wonderful spirit of the season with me each and every day of the year. Let's make 2010 the year of thinking of others and not only thinking of others, but doing something for others -- each and every day. I have been looking into possible service projects for my family and there are a million of them out there -- from the very simple to the very complex. I pray that my little family (and especially I) will make a difference in people's lives in 2010. I challenge you to do the same.

ENJOY CHRISTMAS and all that that means to you and yours!

Susan

2 comments:

  1. Just trying to work on a problem this blog is having with posting comments. Please ignore this post

    ReplyDelete