Monday, July 27, 2009

Sales, Great Newsletter, etc....

I love the days when I wake up in the morning and go outside and "commune" with my garden. I don't have the best garden around, by any stretch of the imagination -- as a matter of fact, I am having quite a few problems with it this year. I have been told that I overwater, so this year I am not putting on as much and I think I went the opposite direction. At any rate, I digress... I love early morning -- with the birds chirping and the sun just coming up and my "alone time" -- I love my quiet time. Hope you make time for "me time" often -- it refreshes the soul!

For those of you who are working on our ward's next humanitarian project (or who simply need to buy school supplies for the upcoming school year), here are some of the items on sale this week (though August 1st) here locally (Provo/Orem area):

Office Max:
24 count Schoolio Von Hoolio crayons = 1 cent per pack (limit 3)
• Junior Scissors (blunted or pointed) = 20 cents each (limit 3)
• Assorted erasers and grips = 25 cents per pack (limit 3)
Staples:
• Elmer’s glue (4 oz.) = 25 cents
• Manual pencil sharpener = 25 cents
• 12 pack cap erasers = 25 cents
• Bic Matic Grip mechanical pencils (5 pack) = 25 cents
• Index cards (100 pack) = 25 cents
• Pencil case = 25 cents
Target:
• 12 count Paper Mate pens, pencil box, pencil pouch, or 8 ct water colors = 50 cents
Shopko:
• 70 page notebook of paper or 2 pocket folders = 10 cents each (limit 18 of each)
• Elmer’s glue (4 oz.) Or 24 ct Crayola crayons = 20 cents each (limit 4 of each)
• 12 count Paper Mate pens, Glue sticks (2 pack), 150 pages of filler paper,
100 page composition book, or pencil box = 50 each (some limits apply)

FYI: I receive a newsletter that I absolutely love. It is usually chock full of great ideas, recipes, special classes, special bulk orders, etc. I have been working with the editor of that newsletter, Anitra Kerr (I am sure you have heard me talk about her OFTEN -- I just love the information she puts out there for us) and she has figured out how to give me a link to her newsletters. So, I am going to post it here: http://www.madmimi.com/promotions/16196702861417/raw and then you will see this week's newsletter.

If you are interested in receiving this newsletter every time it is published, please send me a quick e-mail to susan_wheatley@comcast.net and I will forward your e-mail to Anitra. I don't want to send a bulk e-mail list to her in case some of you do not want to be on this listing. You will love her newsletters (as well as her website at http://www.simplylivingsmart.net/). Lots of free instructional videos, etc. -- I subscribe to their site and get trained in classes all year long. I LOVE THIS SITE -- you have heard me say it before and you will hear me say it again. So, go -- check it out!

Also, putting a feeler out there for anyone who would like to get together for another basic breadmaking class OR a Mix a Meal class, where we put together quick and easy mixes that will shorten your time in the kitchen. I am putting together a bulk order (see below for items on sale) of Powdered Dairy products -- using those products, we can make a lot of wonderful "mixes" that help you rotate your food storage, yet eat VERY well--without spending money for the prepackaged mixes. Notice the Mix a Meal cookbook -- a must-have! FABULOUS!

Powdered Eggs (100 per can) = $18.70
Powdered Milk - Country Cream (5 gallons per can) = $13.30
Powdered Cheddar Cheese (great for Mac and Cheese) = $16.20
Powdered Butter = $16.30
Mix a Meal Cookbook = $11.95

If you are interested and have not already signed up, send me an e-mail at susan_wheatley@comcast.net with your order NO LATER THAN AUGUST 15th!

Take care -- have a great week and I'll be posting grocery sales on Tuesday! See you back here again then!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment